2. What is your favorite Movement?
Snatches, Squats Cleans, and Overhead Squats are my favorites. Sorry, couldn’t pick just one!
3. What is your least favorite movement?
I have hated thrusters ever since 15.5. I’ve been scarred for life.
4. Tell us a little about your life outside the gym
i work full time in a warehouse in a production line. I live with my mom and pops and love hanging out with friends and family. Photography is one of my favorite hobbies and I love dancing too! I love to dance!
5. What were you doing before CrossFit?
I was running and trying to work on my diet but after some time my progress plateaued.
6. What were your goals when starting CrossFit and how have you achieved those goals?
I Didn’t know what to do next, where to go, who to talk to for motivation. Going to a regular gym was alright but it wasn’t making big changes then one of my friends mentioned to me that they started this new program and told me try it. Going into CrossFit my plan was to lose weight and break this flat line and be able to tie my shoes without losing my breath
7. How has CrossFit affected your life outside the gym?
CrossFit has affected me a lot. Anything from making it easy to walk for long periods of times, to not sweating for no reason, to being able to crouch down and tie my shoes, and changing my suit 4 sizes down.
8. What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or thinking about giving it a shot?
If you’re looking to start CrossFit stop looking and just do it once. Once you get into the rhythm of things, learning the movements and how they work and what they do, you will start progressing and you will see the difference. You wont get weird looks or be judged. We are all here for the same reason, to be a better people. It works…
Manny, March Athlete of the Month